HOPE is REAL!

THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG...

Friday, September 7, 2012

Celebrating HOPE Project graduates on News Channel 8

Wanted to share the my most recent interview.  Bruce Depuyt of News Channel 8 wanted us to come on and talk about the HOPE Project success.  I used this time to celebrate the success of the graduates and showcase how the HOPE Project graduates have succeeded when other young people including college graduates are struggling.  The HOPE graduates have an average salary equal to college graduates, $35,000 a year.  We also introduced the HOPE Project campaign to train 1,000 young people with skills that lead directly to a job and career.  I decided not to spend my interview criticizing the DC City Council or mayor for their lack of ideas to improve the unemployment of young people.  Sadly I introduced the HOPE Project recently to a council member and my introduction included an employment report of the previous 2 years success, offer letters from dozens of students they are now working on major federal government contracts, I talked about how we have IT recruiters and government contractors emailing and calling me regularly looking for talent. The council members response was...  "So what can I do to help"  Sad, Sad, Sad.  I just gave him a blueprint to help hundreds of unemployed people and his response is "What can I do to help"  and people wonder why things are so bad in DC for certain groups of people.


1 comment:

  1. you represented yourself hope project an ward 8 very will. you just let the nation know you can come from lower-class an acheive an make it in the corpret world.

    ReplyDelete